A perfect Fall look for when work is casual, but you want to look stylish. Cuff your jeans to make this outfit even more stylish and ditch the sweater for happy hour!
Shop the look: shopbyoutfits.com
I get this scenario a lot: I’m a twenty/thirty-something guy living in San Francisco. I wear a t-shirt, jeans, hoodie, and running shoes to work everyday. I want to look more put together, especially because I like to go out after work and on weekends. How do I look stylish without sacrificing comfort and time?
Being stylish doesn’t mean spending hours getting ready every morning. It’s more about having a wardrobe that’s easy to work with.
Here are my top 5 picks to create a more stylish and comfortable wardrobe.
1. The Perfect Black Jean. Black jeans are your best friend. They go with virtually anything and are easy to dress up or down. Look for a pair with a lot of stretch so it almost has a sweatpants feel. Fit wise, look for a slim fit to make you look taller. .
2. The Long Sleeve T-Shirt. I take it you have plenty of short sleeve t-shirts, but what about long sleeve? Long-sleeve t-shirts (or henley) are great for looking more put together, but with zero added effort. I personally love the way long sleeves make a guy’s arms look. You can also roll them up for a more effortless/stylish look.
3. Boots. Ditch the sneakers and invest in a comfortable pair of boots. Some of my favorite styles are the Chukka or Desert Boot. These boots are comfortable and can dress up any outfit (even jeans and a t-shirt!). Nordstrom has a great selection in a variety of colors that are worth checking out.
4. Wool Bomber Jacket. Out with the techy sweatshirts and in with the soft jackets! Structured jackets add style instantly and work great indoors too. This could literally be your everyday San Francisco weather friendly jacket. Best part: you can just throw one on over your t-shirt and look sharp.
5. Button Downs. Alright, this one might be more daring, but a fitted button down is the easiest way to dress up a pair of jeans. They make great outfits for dates, going out to bars or clubs, or just hanging out around the city. Find one with stretch so it doesn’t feel like a traditional dress shirt. Have fun with colors and prints. Ben Sherman makes great slim button downs.